Thursday, June 04, 2009

Planted Corn, Pumpkin, Gourds and Assorted Melons


Yesterday we sowed seed for Corn, Pumpkin, Gourds and assorted melons(old melon seed, most probably will do nothing) These are at my father in laws and I hope he enjoys watching them grow.

Tuesday I began mulching my vegetable garden beds with straw. I hope this is not a mistake. I might be weeding out wheat seed before too long.

My tomatoes are now about 3ft tall and full of flowers and young fruit. Peppers are only about 1ft and are growing strong now that the days are hot. The Eggplant is full of holes from flea beetles and I should spray it with liquid kelp to help it recover. Weeds are coming on strong with morning glory trying to take over the world.

I will edit my varieties list to include what I planted today.

No comments: