Saturday, June 20, 2009

An easy fruit we can grow that Bright Eyes likes.



We have finally found a fruit that is easy to grow and Bright Eyes likes. It is ground cherries. They look like underdeveloped tomatillos, with the paper husk still closed. But they are sweeter. The variety I have is called pineapple and there are definite pineapple notes to their flavor. The big things is that they are not more difficult to grow than tomatoes or peppers. I will definitely have to plant more next year.

2 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Sounds interesting, both of mine like pineapples. Wonder if I can grow them here.

Amy said...

Their growing requirements are like tomatoes or peppers. I don't know how different your climate is from here. We are currently having 90F days and 70F nights though 80 to 60 is more normal. They did have fruit earlier than any of my tomatoes. You could give it a try.