Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book 9-19-09


FOR TODAY Saturday September 19th



Outside my window... The grayness of a new morning is fading and hinting at a day without rain. I'm glad as it has rained every day this week.

I am thinking...I'm not really ready plunge into the stream of busy ness that will be today.

I am thankful for...the quiet of the morning, when everyone else is asleep and I get go think my own thoughts and muse my own musings undisturbed, save for the cat who wanted his breakfast.

From the kitchen...we are now on week 2 of my rotating plan. Here is what the plan is...

Saturday- Lunch Chicken Enchiladas a green salad and watermelon. For supper we will pick up hamburgers on the way to Tamke-Allen Observatory. We are taking White Chocolate Brownies. I hope they will be good, dd wants me to try to make my regular brownie recipe with white chocolate, I'll let you know how they turn out.

Sunday-Talapia Quessadillas... this is how we got our kids to love fish.

Monday- Spaghetti and a green salad.

Tuesday- Daughter will cook Tuna Helper, mixed vegetables, fruit.

Wednesday- I will fix my favorite Beefy Rice with green beans on the side.

Thursday- Son will prepare Pigs in a Blanket with Carrot and Celery Sticks and Ranch Dip.

Friday- DH and I will go out on a Date and the kids will have dinner from the freezer.

I am wearing... A my very favorite sleep shirt. Some day I should get dressed to shoes before I start working on this. What would Flylady say.

I am creating... new seat covers for our dining room chairs and wondering if lazy boy refurbishes the seats on their chairs. I think too many children have bounced on mine.

I am going...to Tamke-Allen Observatory to see stars and see if the used telescopes we have will work. There has not been a clear public viewing night since we got them.

I am reading....Had to return Animal, vegetable, miracle : a year of food before I finished it. I will have to check it out again later. I have several books checked out but none of them jumps out today.

I am also reading/listening to the audiobook...... Making it all Work by David Allen. I finished listening to Sway: The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior by Ori Brafman, and highly recomend it to anyone who work with other human beings in any capacity, I guess it is one of those books I feel like everyone should read/listen to. I also listened to Tell Me Where it Hurts by Nick Trout. This is a window into the life of a Veterinary Surgeon and is a very friendly read.

I am hoping...my daughter feels extra loved and valued this week, as she turns 10 on Monday and has her Birhtday party on Friday.

I am hearing...my daughter's bed squeaking. She must be awake but not ready to get up yet.

Around the house...the yard needs mowed and clean up for the party on Friday should start soon.

One of my favorite things...my desk area in the Dining Room which I set up a little over a month ago.


A few plans for the rest of the week: Spend extra time with dd as her school is out Monday and Tuesday because of the Swine Flu. Prepare for the party on Friday, making sure all the friends are invited, recovering the last 2 Dining Room Chairs, baking a cake, decorating.

Blessings

Check out http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ for links to other Daybooks and instructions if you want to do one of your own.

2 comments:

Tracy Riggs said...

I love your new desk area! I'm so glad you have a pretty space that just YOURS.

Fortheshep said...

I really do enjoy having my own space.