Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Few Pictures of My Garden

A friend asked me for pictures of some of my flower beds and I told her to look at my blog. But when I looked at my own blog I realized there were no pictures of my flower beds. Sorry about that. Here they are....

This is the flower bed below our back fence. Dianthus/pinks(that I started from seed) in the back and golden creeping jenny in the front.



This is the flower bed near the alley. In the back is a butterfly bush. To the left is phlox "Delta Snow" in the middle is Blazing Star Laitris. The yellow to the right is a day lilly. There sea oats just behind the Laitris but they are hard to see. Their seed heads will turn golden in teh fall after the Laitris is done. To the left you can see the leaves of a bicolor lavendar iris which bloomed in the spring. And in front is a beautiful peach colored daylily which is also done blooming.

All the plants came from friend or from plant swaps and bring back many good memories. Thanks to all.

In looking at my pictures I realized that I rarely take a picture of an entire flower bed. I really like closeups and detail pictures. I will have to try to take some just for my garden archive in the future.

2 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

I take a photo from my bedroom window not every season but try and remember to do it at least a couple of times a year.

Amazing to see how much it has changed in the ten years we've lived here.

Love pinks :)

Unknown said...

Wow!! Your flowers are gorgeous!!! I thoroughly enjoyed scrolling through your blog. It made me feel a little like chatting with you . . . which we truly need to do some time.
love,
Lesa