Monday, October 17, 2005

Walking down a road I thought I never would

Have you ever read Robert Frost's poem " The Road Not Taken".
It begins:
"Two roads diverged in a yellow woodand
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;......"
I learned this poem in Junior High and have often thought of it since.

Now in life I stand looking down a road I thought/hoped I would never have to take. A dear friend of mine has cancer and the prospects do not look too good. And though part of me would like to walk away and find and easier road I know I could not live with myself if I refuse to walk close to her on this journey. I know about quick death and will write more about that on the 29th, but have not experienced slow death.

Lord, help me to be what I need to be to her and to my family during this time.

Sometimes we get to choose the road, sometimes it is chosen for us.

1 comment:

truevyne said...

Your friend and you and are still my prayers.